Banque Du Caire is committed to providing a secure yet convenient banking service to all customers. Our security regulations and infrastructure is regularly updated to match today’s increasing challenges. All security communications reflect current threats and therefore we urge you to read this section and take it into consideration.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone. No one has the right to ask for it.
- Don’t give your card and PIN to anyone to withdraw money.
- Use your body to block the keypad as you enter the PIN whether in front of the ATM or Point of Sale at merchants.
- As a precautionary measure, your credit card will not work outside Egypt. Please call our hotline on 16990 to activate your card abroad for a limited time.
- Practice extra care when using your card online by ensuring your PC or mobile is well protected by an antivirus with an up to date database.
- Don’t use common numbers/words as your PIN/Password. Birthdays, anniversaries and words found in a dictionary can be easily predicted.
- If an ATM looks tampered with (the keypad is out of place, or traces of glue are found) refrain from using it and notify the security personnel on site.
- The bank will never contact you via IM apps (such as Whatsapp, Viber and Skype) and will never notify you of a prizes through mobile SMS or other IM apps..
- Fraudulent messages maybe sent on SMS, Whatsapp and/or Viber claiming prizes. These messages target stealing your card information, therefore we advise you to be cautious.
Banque Du Caire will never contact you through SMS or other messaging means to notify you of prizes. Should you receive such a message, please contact our hotline number 16990 and report this incident.
To secure usage of your card online we strongly advice that:
- Your personal computer/laptop has an up to date anti-virus and current operating system.
- You do not access online payment portals (online shopping) from untrusted public wireless connections or shared devices.
- You refrain from downloading untrusted programs and applications on both computers and mobile devices.
- Always use encrypted password protected WiFi networks.
- Don’t use your card and card data on websites that don’t use HTTPS>.
- No one is allowed, including Banque Du Caire employees, to know your CVC/CVV2 numbers, which are the 3 digits imprinted at the back of your card.
- It is not recommended to disclose card information (expiry date, card number, CVC/CVV2) when dealing with external parties.
- Please note that this is the only official website for Banque Du Caire and that we do not have pages on Social Media.
Is the art of manipulation to obtain a victim’s password. Usually an attacker would stage a scenario that would lead the victim to willingly give up their password. Such attacks may be launched by sending an email containing malicious phishing links or an infected attachment. These emails may be coming from an already infected friend and therefore exploit your trust by asking to donate to a charity or rescue your friend in need. Caution should always be exercised during online transactions.
Skimmers are used to steal your card information. These devices may be attached to ATMs or Point of Sale units at merchants and shops. You should always cover they keypad while entering your PIN and decline to use a device that seems tampered with.